Like most other websites, Prism Propane maintains web logs that automatically record basic information about visitors. This information consists of:
- Internet domain from which visitors access our website (e.g., aol.com, yourschool.edu, yourcompany.com).
- IP address. An IP address is automatically assigned to your computer when you surf the web. In some cases, these addresses may be individually identifiable. However, even when an IP address is identifiable, it usually takes additional effort to link a particular IP address to a specific individual. For many users, an IP address cannot be linked to a specific individual.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website.
- Date and time of access.
- Pages visited.
- Address of the website (if any) from which you linked to Prism Propane. Prism Propane normally only uses web log information in aggregate form to enable us to make the Prism Propane website more useful. Prism Propane likes to know which features are popular and how visitors locate the site. Web logs may be used to identify visitors who seek to damage the website, use the website in unauthorized ways, or interfere with operations. Information about users who try to engage in any unapproved activities may be shared with law enforcement agencies. Prism Propane does not collect any personal information about a routine visitor unless the visitor provides it to Prism Propane.
E-mail and Web Forms
If you use the Prism Propane website to send Prism Propane e-mail, register for a conference or meeting, ask for information, subscribe to a publication or listserv, or if you provide personal information through Prism Propane’s website in any other way, Prism Propane collects and may maintain the information that you provide. Your information may be shared among Prism Propane staff and support services as necessary to respond to your request. Once information reaches the correct office, it will be used in the same manner as comparable information collected in other ways.
Security and Data Quality
- Prism Propane maintains its website and its information with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. Prism Propane is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about our users. No computer system can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. Prism Propane provides reasonable and appropriate security to protect against foreseeable hazards.
- Routine e-mail sent to Prism Propane through this website or otherwise is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication contains personal information that you consider sensitive, you may not want to use e-mail.
Uses and Disclosures
- Prism Propane uses its website to provide services and information to its cooperative members, their employees, and members of the public.
- General personal information collected through the Prism Propane website may be used from time to time by outside auditors, consultants, and others hired by Prism Propane to assist in carrying out financial, management, or other activities. Prism Propane generally directs recipients to agree to safeguard personal information, to use it only as authorized by Prism Propane, and to return it or destroy it when no longer required.
- Prism Propane could be required to disclose personal information in response to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order. Any record keeper faces this possibility. Disclosures may also be appropriate to protect Prism Propane legal rights or during emergencies if physical safety is believed to be at risk. Prism Propane believes that these events are unlikely, but they are possible. Prism Propane will take reasonable steps to limit the scope and consequences of any of these disclosures.
- Prism Propane does not sell, rent, or otherwise share lists of subscribers to Prism Propane publications or listservs.
- Prism Propane may provide online registration for Prism Propane meetings or conferences. If you register for a conference online, your registration information will be used by Prism Propane employees and support organizations to facilitate your attendance at the conference. Registration information may be shared with other conference participants and may be used and redisclosed by them.
- Prism Propane may sponsor chat services for member cooperatives and their employees. Information shared through a chat service may be read by subscribers to the service and may be used or redisclosed by them. Prism Propane cannot control or limit the use or disclosure of any personal information shared through a chat service.
Questions, Access, and Disputes
Prism Propane Services of Ohio, L.L.C.
1399 Business Park Drive South
PO Box 188
North Baltimore, Ohio 45872.